The catalogue is testimony to three years worth of work and research, listing all the vehicles and objects on the inventory for the Grimaldi Forum Monaco’s largest exhibition of the year, which was due to open for three months from 11th July.
‘Monaco and the automobile, from 1893 to today’ is now available in print form and is an “invitation to travel back in time”. It tells of the intimate relationship between the Principality and the automobile and the different themes that were to be highlighted in this year’s exhibition:
– Monaco, a major centre in automotive history;
– Prince Albert I of Monaco (1848-1922) and the mobilities of his time;
– Monte-Carlo elegance competition: automotive excellence in the Principality;
– Louis Chiron (1899-1979): the Monegasque world champion in 1928;
– Monaco and the automobile, a history of cinema;
– Presentation of 52 iconic cars from Monaco races.
The book is comprised of 312 pages and 260 illustrations, is written in both French and English, and is available at the very reasonable price of €29 (paperback version) from the Grimaldi Forum Monaco.